HT™ AmpShield® Arc Flash Face Shield
When Paulson Manufacturing Corp. launched the AmpShield® in 2015, our goal was to provide a premium product that was safer and more comfortable than other Category 2 arc shields in the marketplace. We feel we accomplished that goal, as the AmpShield® with its premium coatings and transparent chin protector is still the most durable and offers the best field of vision of all Category 2 arc shields in the industry.
Fast-forward to today, and the AmpShield® is raising the bar yet again with its new nanoparticle HT™ grey tint. It offers all the same benefits as the original AmpShield®, but the new grey tint offers enhanced visibility and color recognition. This is extremely helpful while the user is looking at electrical wires with different colors.
The advantages of the HT™ AmpShield® arc shield go well beyond the grey tint. It has a wide range of features and benefits all designed with user safety and comfort in mind. These include:
- Meets NFPA-70E and ANSI Z87+S
- Meets/tested ASTM F2178
- ATPV (Arc Thermal Protection Value) of 12 or 20 calories/cm2, depending on model
- Models for slotted caps, non-slotted caps, and full-brim helmets
- Excellent field of view and color recognition with nanoparticle grey color and transparent chin protector
- Premium anti-fog/anti-abrasion coated
- 12-calorie model with standard coating and small-profile chin protector available
- LeverLock® attachment system for easy window replacement
Check out this video featuring Paulson Manufacturing Corp. CEO Roy Paulson and ArcWear CEO Hugh Hoagland discussing the HT™ AmpShield®.
Nanoparticle HT™ Lenses
The HT™ lenses on the new AmpShield® have several significant advantages over the legacy green lenses, including:
- Nanoparticle additives provide improved energy absorption and arc flash protection
- Scientifically proven improved color recognition
- Improved visibility
- Improved impact
- Long-term outdoor exposure improvement
- Color transmittance curve is similar to the Lambda curve of the human eye
- Single-lens high calorie shields are now possible, up to 40 calories
- Feature an abrasion resistant coating on the front surface and a permanent anti-fog coating on the interior. The only exception to this is the standard coated 12-calorie HT™ AmpShield® option that is available. This shield has no hard coat on the outside and a non-permanent anti-fog on the inside.
OSHA and NFPA-70E regulations are going to continue to become more stringent. This is obviously good for worker safety, but many people are not crazy about the idea of having to wear PPE. The good news is that advancements in technology has allowed us to offer safety products that are safer and more comfortable than ever before. The HT™ AmpShield® is the next evolution of Category 2 arc flash face shields, and we are proud to call it a Paulson brand. For more information, visit the HT™ AmpShield® product page, or Contact Us today.